Subject: Re[2]: DraCO's RISC chip for Amiga
From: [email-masked] (Gary Fenton)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 May 95 01:22 BST-1

In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>

[email-masked] wrote:

>I'm entirely biased by the fact that we sell Alpha workstations, but 
>I don't get it.  When you talk about an Alpha processor that runs at 
>450 MIPS, you are probably talking about the 21064A.  If you put 
>enough memory and cache alongside this thing so that it becomes a 
>reasonable renderer, then you're in the price range of cheap 21064A
>workstations.

The Alpha card will cost 2000 to 3000 DM (German currency) so I guess that's
under $2000? (sorry if my previous post gave a different figure). This is
cheaper than an Alpha WorkStation even if you add RAM. (Unless you're
selling Alphas at really good prices? :-)

>NT (if it is, please ignore my ENTIRE post), and therefore has, as of 
>this moment, exactly zero applications.

Correct. A library is being written (eg alpha.library) which will allow
programmers to write apps which utilise the Alpha as a co-pro. I'll post
more info if I get any. I'm just a journalist! :-)

Gary F.